If your station’s Safari browser has an excessive amount of open tabs or has run out of application memory.
Use this method to reset Safari.
- Reboot the iMac
- Stop the roller
- Make sure Safari is not running
- Hold SHIFT down and click Safari
- Confirm Safari opens without any tabs.
- Clear the browsers Cache by clicking History from the Safari menu and then Clear History and Website Data
- Select all History and click Clear History
- Restart the iMac and check that Jamaseis launches correctly
TC-1 on the left, connected through an Arduino and amplifier to the iMac
- 21″ iMac, c2008 model
- 3GB RAM
- 320GB HDD (divided into system and data partitions)
- MacOS X 10.9.x
- ESET NOD32 – antivirus
- Casper client – platform management
- Current JRE 7, JRE 6 (Arduino)
- Arduino IDE/drivers
- Owncloud desktop client – synchronization/backup
- Energy Saver
he energy saver settings are applied to the iMac using a policy in our Mac management tool, Casper (not to be confused with Kasper!). Even if these settings are modified by a local administrator, they will revert to those shown above when Casper refreshes the policy on the machine -if a School using one of these,needs us to modify the settings, we can unlock the policy -let Kasper know.
(italicised items are specific components of the University platform being used here and NOT requirements for the basic seismograph)
Standard administrative user account used to manage Macs in Science at the University of Auckland. Used for remote management, updates, etc.
An administrative account for the project participants -used to install and upgrade the software specific to the project.
The workhorse account. A standard user.
- Automatic log in
- Login items
configure Owncloud to synchronize /Volumes/data/data
ln -s /Volumes/data/data/jamaseisData /Users/seismometeruser/jamaseisData
Prevent App Nap
Set up local seismometer source (see configuring the TC-1).
Configure screenshot uploads
[catlist tags=imac-tc1 post_status=any post_type=post excludeposts=this]